The Mako Reel 9700B (Bluewater Reel) is a whopping 5 ½” diameter designed to provide maximum retrieve rates on the largest big game.
- Mako reels are fully sealed with o-rings, and proprietary carbon impregnated Teflon lip seals.
- Mako reels incorporate a multidisc full-contact carbon-fiber drag system that uses “button technology” to eliminate start-up friction.
- Mako reels utilize oversized calibrated drag knobs with one turn stop, to stop providing the full range of drag.
- Mako reels employ a “taper lock” quick-change spool and a three-ball bearing spindle assembly.
- Mako reels are produced to the highest machining standards and level of polish
- Type III anodizing which, gives them a near ceramic hardness to survive the elements.
- All these qualities are amongst other features.
- 5.5 inch diameter
- 16.75 ounces
Approximate backing: 400+ yards/meters of 100 lbs hollow core braid + WF Fly Line