The inshore 9500 which is great choice for 8-10 wt rods. Think striped bass in the NE and flats species tropical waters and a good option for switch and spey. This is reel for targeting fish in the 5-25 pound class and has a sealed drag that won't disappoint. The large 4" diameter spool equals about 12 inches of line pickup per revolution.
- Mako reels are fully sealed with o-rings, and proprietary carbon impregnated Teflon lip seals.
- Mako reels incorporate a multidisc full-contact carbon-fiber drag system that uses “button technology” to eliminate start-up friction.
- Mako reels utilize oversized calibrated drag knobs with one turn stop, to stop providing the full range of drag.
- Mako reels employ a “taper lock” quick-change spool and a three-ball bearing spindle assembly.
- Mako reels are produced to the highest machining standards and level of polish
- Type III anodizing which, gives them a near ceramic hardness to survive the elements.
- All these qualities are amongst other features.
Inshore & Saltwater Reel
- 4 inch diameter
- 11.7 ounces
Approximate backing: 225-250 yards/meters of 50-60 lbs hollow core braid + WF Fly Line