STRIPERS ON THE FLY is the most complete book ever written on fly fishing for striped bass. Its comprehensive advice will help those who already fly fish for stripers, as well as the freshwater fly rodder and saltwater spin angler who want to start fly fishing for this great gamefish that has made such a dramatic comeback in recent years. There is invaluable instruction for the beginning striped-bass fisherman, but also very advanced -- and little known -- information for the expert.
- basic techniques for the striped-bass fly fisher
- rod, reel, and line needs for all locations
- special equipment
- how to read different water types -- and how to fish them
- what fly lines work best in different situations
- the best flies for various times of the year -- and special circumstances
- the right retrieves for different waters and fly types
- how to hook, fight, land, and handle fish
- how tides, weather, and time of year affect fishing
- special casting tips
- night-fishing techniques
- beach and boat safety
- and much more
Tabory's priceless tips and observations -- culled from years of experience -- make STRIPERS ON THE FLY a must for anyone who wants to know more about this magnificent fish and how to catch it.